Friday, March 14, 2008

coffee

never did i think myself a coffee snob. never did i think myself addicted to coffee. BUT in the past two years my taste buds have overruled my brain. i now can taste the difference between different roasts. when they said coffee was like wine and you could actually have coffee tastings, i scoffed. but now, i believe them. those elite coffee people who have ruined my life. starbucks has been deemed emergency ONLY. that may be EXTREME emergency after yesterdays mild emergency latte that actually tasted SALTY....yuck. no longer will coffee be easy. i will now be relegated, like my husband has been for years, to find the perfect cup or go without. i always LAUGHED my head off at him for bringing his own espresso pot, espresso and a one-burner camp stove on ANY trip we were on. gas station parking lots, rest area parking lots, hotel rooms, the homes of friends.....he would brew his own. "coffee SNOB" i would say shaking my head and rolling my eyes. now i will be joining him...only i'll have to tote my own half and half and a handheld frother......

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Hi Julie! I'm not a real coffee drinker. I only drink white choc. mochas from Starbucks when I'm feeling like splurging. There's just something wrong about spending $4 on a beverage. I would probably gag on their regular coffee. Give me a coke and I'm happy:) I love Avery's food art.

Kelly said...

Sounds like you have just as many water issues as I do. I was just telling my husband that I feel like every day I'm either solving plumbing issues or internet connectivity problems!!! I have Caitlin first hour now because she dropped her art class. I guess she can come with me and read in the nursery!!