Wednesday, June 11, 2008

drifting

i try really hard to blog. i've written several in the past few weeks, but my time spent at the computer in the summer is just..well..interrupted. constantly. even now at 9:24pm and i have to stop. think. answer a question. rethink. what was i saying?????

my eldest wrecked on his skateboard. saved his broken arm that is in a cast. tore up his other arm. his hips. his leg. his ankles. crazy. he is the cautious one. the one who thinks. he is not a daredevil. he beat himself up for choosing to go down a really big hill. he was at a friend's party. called me to come get him. by the time i got there was kicking himself for not having a video camera on hand. ya know...near death experiences are very popular on youtube.

must go. i promised myself i would go to bed really early tonight.

9 comments:

melanie said...

He must be over the pain at least a bit if he's thinking video. That was truly a nauseating fall after a sickening confrontation. I am so sorry. Is he okay? G wanted to know if Aidan was going to die. Isn't that so sweet. I treat him like he's all big and all, but inside, he's just a sweet, little boy worried about his friend.
So, we were at the boys' swim meet tonight and that 'guy' was there (from the pool) and I tell you, I wanted to scream at him! What a little maggot. I truly felt hate for him. What's that???

julie s. said...

i think the pain is gone. he's okay! i get SO irritated at people like that. it's like they own the world and look at people like us as not a part of it because we look different from him AND have rebel kids who skateboard. i still can't believe what he said to jon....

melanie said...

yeah, when I saw him at the meet, I just wanted to offer him pot...
While we were there, I saw so much of his character and it just made better sense. He was not a judge, but he ended up walking around, talking to the judges and eventually had a clipboard. It was so obvious that he just wanted to seem all important and stuff. His little girls kept walking up to me and checking me out. It was like they wanted to like me, but they had heard all this terrible stuff from their dad. They kept sitting by me and would walk up and just smile really sheepishly. They were curious. I felt sad.
But towards him, I felt total rage. I don't like feeling like that, but I can't shake the desire to totally tell him off. Like that would accomplish anything. And my kids want to hurt him. Of course, that would show him all the things that he believes about us anyway...sigh.
This love thing is hard

julie s. said...

david would say to kill him with kindness. show him love by being extra special nice to his kids. i would say, naw...i want to egg his house.
you're really good at telling people off in a nice way...you should talk to him.
do you remember my incident with the mean grandma babysitter at my pool last year? well, this year i talked to one of them! i figured i was going to be walking past her almost every day and i couldn't stand feeling uncomfortable. she and i got in a conversation and i told her i was the one who told her friend off last year and that i can sometimes be a big mouth and completely obnoxious and it really was none of my business. she laughed and said she thought i looked familiar. she said no big deal, she probably doesn't even remember and if she did, it's no big deal...we all can be big mouths at times. SO, forgiven. and she wasn't such a monster after all. so maybe next year the rage will be gone and you can have a conversation with the guy. then if he's STILL an ass....go egg his house...

Kelly said...

I have to hear the story behind this conversation! I so wish I could come this Wednesday but I'm watching my friend's boys and I have the baby. My husband thinks I'm crazy for watching all these kids:)

Mrs.Blue-sky said...

Maybe there is something to the kill them with kindness thing.

My parents have a neighbor who at one time used to do all kinds of harrassing things to them. One year on New Years Eve, my parents and brother came outside to watch the fireworks and the neighbors started yelling names at them and throwing stuff at them- even oinking and stuff.

My mom was insistant on being kind to them, always being friendly and talkative with them (even bringing them flowers and cookies and stuff) and it really pissed my dad off because it's really the antithesis to his manhood.

Anyway, long story short, they are all friends now. The neighbor even does stuff to help them with their lawn and stuff.

I don't think I could do that. I pretty much write you off when you oink at me.

I agree, Kelly- I want the rest of the story!

melanie said...

I can't come tomorrow now.

boo.

I had a prenatal today instead of tomorrow, so now we are spending the night at the farm tonight and staying there tomorrow.

thanks for the panera offer!!!! you crazy koot!

Anonymous said...

im telling you people that wipeout on video would score a million hits on youtube!

-aidan

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

Hey Julie! I'm stalking you! I saw on your FB that you have a blog, so I had to visit. I am in the tedious process of moving my blog, but right now it's at http://www.homeschoolblogger.com and at the link below (but being moved and only up to 2007 right now)!