i worked ALL day cleaning the basement. sorting toys. putting away legos. HOW MANY LEGOS DO 5 KIDS NEED???? throwing away. ooops, did I just suck up some legos in the shop vac? dressing barbies. then promptly putting their big boobed, perfect waist, long legged, plastic bodies in a big purple, not clear rubbermaid. oh, did you want to play with the barbies? i'm sorry, i don't know WHERE they got to:). after everything was sorted, put away and thrown away, i vaccumed the rest. when i got to a corner of the room, i noticed a very large spider creeping along. in a effort to protect my 4th born child, who i would die for, i stomped with my big foot and crushed the very large spider. only then did i notice webbed in the corner...an egg sack. all of her little babies left motherless. alone. deserted. just like bambi. i was sad for about 2 minutes, thought of my OWN baby and her complete and utter fear of spiders, took the nozzle of the shop vac and POOF ended their tiny, little spider lives. ahhhh.
oh and to all of my friends who are grammar police....i spelt killed kilt on purpose:).
5 comments:
When we moved out here, Jack spent the first year PETRIFIED of any sort of bug and spider. It was miserable whenever one was around or whenever he THOUGHT one was around. We went to Target and bought the Bug Vacuum and thank God it worked! It took us using it first, but eventually he vacuumed up the bug. It puts them into a 'holding chamber' instead of killing them. The holding chamber has a magnifying glass on top so that you can safely watch them. Then, you take them outside and drop them off. I'm not into giving parental advice, but I know how miserable it was when Jack would freak out all the time. Maybe the bug vacuum would work?
I am SO glad you sucked those babies up. You kilt them deader than dead, or as Duncan would say, "Deader than Goliath."
Moms are awesome.
I hate spiders, too! Good for you ;-) I also know about the breeding Legos - if I pick up one two mysteriously appear in its place!
I don't kill spiders outside but they have to understand if they come inside the house I'm goin Rambo on em. How's that for some good grammar. I actually scream, run for a shoe and then squash them. Not exactly Rambo. I just remembered being out on the playground Monday with the 4 year old class. They found a grasshopper and the other helper had all the kids come and look. Three little boys chased it around a bit and then squished him even after I had pleaded for his life.
yer one hard-core arachnid killin' mama!
Post a Comment