Tuesday, October 14, 2008

i like to blog

i just wish i had more time to actually sit down and do it! school is going really well this year. i think my kids are settling into a routine.

the thing i love about our coffeeshop is the people who like to get coffee there. there is a man and his wife. she is iranian and they want to invite us over a meal. today, he was SO impressed that my 11 year old made an entire jewish meal last week. he is a professor at UC and so is his wife. i love being affirmed that homeschooling is the best choice for us. he loved that we teach the classical method and our kids learn history from the beginning not from the voyage of columbus! so, in all of my day to day frustration of actually pulling school off, i think my kids truly are learning. i just feel that on aidan's high school graduation i will be breathing a BIG sigh of relief and then four more to follow!

i know there are several people who read my blog. i would love to know who you are! leave me a line.....that way i know if i need to go private:). ha! straight up, i don't want to have to worry about offending anyone. so, please know if you read my blog i probably won't censor what i say. i want to be the kind of person who is who she is. damn it. like my husband. i just won't be able to look "mrs. mcafee" in the eye.......

5 comments:

Reverb said...

I never read your blog.

I also never stop in Brutopia yesterday for a giant 4 shot latte.

Never.

And while we're on the subject of things I never do, I'm never curious about that guy who was a dancer at Catalyst in Atlanta...Never have I wondered if he was the guy from so you think you can dance.

I've also never wondered if your husband is going to take me up on my offer to work at the shop.

P.S. Never in a million years would it be for free.

Kelly said...

Hmmmmmm.......does my private blog make me a poser????

julie s. said...

yeah kelly:)! NO! you say way more offensive things than me. so you need to be private. HA! i thought about having a private blog and then changed my mind. i figured there are probably not too many people reading it. i've not had the instances that you've had! if i did i would probably go private. or if there were too many strangers commenting:). so no. you are NOT a poser. i like your private blog because i can really let loose:).

brad said...

I read your blog...I love hearing about your kids. They've sure grown since playgroup days. :)

Kinda

Denise said...

Hi. I'm Denise. I read your blog. I'm a wanna-be homeschooler, and have five kiddos as well.